It is essential that all students are tested on returning to campus and student accommodation in January 2021
In the new year, we will be continuing to provide free, asymptomatic LF Covid-19 testing on campus.
It is essential that all students are tested on returning to campus and student accommodation – you will need to follow the steps below:
- When returning to Solent for semester two, you must arrange to arrive as close to your teaching start date as possible (check your timetable here).
- Ahead of your return, use this website to book two tests, three days apart.
- Once you have returned, minimise all social contact until you have received two negative test results.
Other important information:
- If you have spent the winter break in an area with tier 3 or tier 4 restrictions, you should take a test through a local community testing programme, where possible, before travelling back to university.
- Staff in our residences will be working hard to keep everyone safe by ensuring all regulations are followed. They will be supported by our security teams and the police to ensure no one is put at additional risk as a result of irresponsible behaviour.
- If you are travelling back to university from a country not on the exemption (travel corridor) list, you will need to self-isolate in your accommodation for 14 days or take a PCR Covid-19 test from a private testing provider after 5 days of self-isolation, with a negative result ending your isolation period. More information on this ‘test to release’ option is available here.
If you have any questions about Covid-19 testing on your return to campus, please contact the Student Hub team who will be pleased to help.