Looking ahead to 2021, we are pleased to confirm some changes to this year’s academic calendar
Looking ahead to 2021, we are pleased to confirm some changes to this year’s academic calendar.
- The start of teaching for level 3 and 4 students (foundation year and first year undergraduate) is moving from Monday 18 January to Monday 25 January.
- The start of teaching for level 5, 6 and 7 students (second/third year undergraduate and postgraduate) is moving from Monday 25 January to Monday 1 February.
- Teaching for all students will end in the week commencing 3 May.
- Graduation ceremony dates have not changed and remain set for the week of 19-23 July 2021.
We recognise this year has been extremely challenging and that you have all worked extremely hard to adapt to the new teaching and learning measures put in place to keep us all safe.
Therefore, these changes have been made to ensure students across all years receive the same three-week break between the end of semester one teaching and the beginning of semester two.
To do this, all timetables have been adjusted to ensure students will receive the same amount of teaching time, the same amount of revision time for any exams, and the same amount of time to prepare for any assignment submissions.
The library will also continue to follow its usual opening schedule so you will be able to access support and learning materials as needed.
- Accommodation: If you are planning to start your accommodation contract with the University in semester two, your arrival date will be amended in line with these timetable changes, and you’ll receive an email from our accommodation team with all the details you’ll need in the next couple of weeks.
- Maritime: These changes do not apply to maritime students in the Warsash Maritime School, who are following different programmes not tied to university semesters.