The survey for semester one opens Monday 6 December
Over the next couple of weeks, you will be asked by your module leader or lecturer to complete an online survey about each of the modules you have studied so far - known as ‘Your Module Survey’ (YMS).
- is anonymous
- asks you to share your experiences of the teaching you have received
- asks how you have found the assessment methods
- asks what you enjoyed about each module
- asks for ideas for how your module could be improved
When giving feedback to academic staff:
- think about your own experiences of receiving feedback on your own work
- reflect on the full experience
- provide constructive suggestions for future change
Once the results are in:
- you will receive a summary of feedback for your module
- teaching staff will present their responses to the feedback
- teaching staff will aim to improve your modules and your learning experience at Solent
How to complete the survey
Your lecturers will give you time to complete this in one of your scheduled sessions. It should only take around 10 minutes to complete.
Please remember that of the five answer options on the scale, the middle choice does not get counted as a positive response.
Completing the survey online is a simple process, all you need to do is:
- Log into Solent Online Learning
- Click on the survey links in the banner at the top of the homepage (this will be visible from Monday 6 December to Friday 14 January)
We have put together a short video which talks through the steps of completing Your Module Surveys which you can view here >
If you have any queries about Your Module Survey, please speak to a member of teaching staff or email email@example.com.
All survey responses remain strictly anonymous.