Solent will be moving to the new version of Teams next week
Microsoft has been listening to user feedback about Teams, which has lead to the app being reimagined and reconstructed.
The new Teams app is built on a foundation of speed, performance, flexibility, and intelligence, delivering up to two times faster performance while using 50 percent less memory - saving you time and enabling you to collaborate more efficiently.
The new Teams app was officially launched in March 2023, and Solent will now be making the switch from the classic version of Teams to the new version from Monday 5 February 2024.
What do I need to do?
- If you have a PC device:
You can access the new version of Teams from the start menu on your laptop.
It will show up as 'Microsoft Teams (work or school)'.
If you have pinned the old version ('Microsoft Teams classic') to your taskbar, you will need to remove it by right-clicking and choosing ‘Unpin from taskbar’.
Then you can pin the new version of Teams when it is ready.
- If you have a Mac device:
The new version will be made available shortly on your device and will automatically replace the older version.
What will be different?
We have been trialling the new version of Teams for the past couple of months. Here are the main changes you will notice:
- Some overall look and feel differences, including notifications and layout.
- Chat and channel messages now have more editing options.
- You can now switch between different organisations more easily (if have been invited into an external Team).
- You can mute all non-priority notifications while your status is set to 'Do not disturb' (this now happens automatically if you are sharing your screen).
- An improved meeting experience, including PowerPoint live, backgrounds and layout options. Find out more >
You can find help, training, give feedback or report a problem by selecting 'Settings and more' (...) - top right next to your profile picture. Then select 'Help' and your desired action.