An update from the Government on students returning to campus in May
Last night, Monday 10 May, the Prime Minister confirmed that all university students in England will be able to return to campus from Monday 17 May 2021.
We are delighted to be able to welcome back all of you who choose to return and hope that you’ll enjoy joining us to make the most of this last term.
However, please be reassured that if you cannot, or decide not to, return for this academic year, we will continue doing everything we can to support you and your learning so you can complete your studies successfully.
The Universities Minister has written a letter to university students, which you can read here, and the Government have updated their Students Guide to Coronavirus, setting out some key guidance to ensure your return to our Covid-secure campus is as safe as possible:
- You should take a Covid-19 test before travelling back to university, then take three tests (3-4 days apart) on arrival.
- You should then test twice a week while you remain at university.
- You should report the results of any home tests here, remembering to identify yourself as a student and confirm which university you attend.
Your testing options
- Use this service to order free packs of rapid lateral flow tests to be sent to your home or university address.
- Collect home testing kits from a venue near you - use this website to find your closest location.
- Book a test at Solent's on-site testing facility using this website (available until 28 May 2021).
- Collect home testing kits from our Spark building on campus (available from 24 May 2021 – more details available on our Covid Testing pages soon.)
If you are planning on coming back to campus in the coming weeks, please remember ‘Hands, Space, Face’ - it’s just as important as ever to continue with social distancing and prevention measures and wear face coverings when moving around the buildings, to help keep each other safe while we ease out of lockdown.
We will be sending out more information about the student return to students via email this week.
If you have any questions or concerns about returning to campus and which option is best for you, please contact your Course Leader or the Student Hub.