Information and advice for your new term at Solent
Welcome back to a new academic year at Solent! We hope you are excited to resume your studies in a new term.
Please take a few minutes to read the below to ensure you have all the up-to-date information you need for life on campus.
Also, if you’re a returning student and haven’t registered yet, you have until Friday 6 October. Register now >
Life on campus
If you haven't already, please download the MySolent app. The app is your one-stop-shop for your emails, timetable, library loans and much more. And if you download the app before the end of September, you could win a Samsung Galaxy S23+! Find out more >
Just a few reminders about general life on campus, as well as a few updates for this year:
- We have some tasty new catering offers on campus. Find out more >
- Please make sure you have your campus card on you at all times to enable you to access all buildings. Don’t forget, you need to update your card at one of the readers by a main entrance on a regular basis. Find out more >
- Our building opening hours have changed. Find out more >
- Meet your Students' Union Sabbatical Officers for the 23/24 year. Find out more >
Make sure you check out the news page on the portal regularly for important updates that you will need to know. Also, keep an eye on your emails for our monthly student newsletter, starting this Thursday!
Help and support
Our teams are all on campus and ready to help you with your queries. Come along to the Student Hub (at the back of the Spark building) to ask any questions.
You can also contact our support services as below:
- Student Hub: firstname.lastname@example.org / 023 8201 5200
- Funding team: email@example.com
- Therapy and mental health team: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find more about our student services on the portal >
And don't forget that you have access to our Student Assistance Programme (SAP) - a confidential, 24/7 resource to support your wellbeing.
Our SAP has resources and contacts to help you with physical health, emotional health, life support and much more, via webinars, podcasts and programmes.