Information and advice for your new term at Solent
Welcome back to a new academic year at Solent! We hope you are excited to resume your studies in a new term.
Please take a few minutes to read the below to ensure you have all the up-to-date information you need on Covid-19, life on campus and our support services.
Also, if you’re a returning student and haven’t registered yet, you have until Friday 8 October. Register now >
Please be aware that testing twice-weekly for Covid-19 (if you’re staying in residences and/or attending campus) is still compulsory for all students, and wearing face-coverings while on campus is strongly advised.
We also encourage students to be vaccinated at the earliest opportunity. St Mary’s GP Surgery will be on campus until the end of September to enable you to register with a GP, get advice and have your Covid-19 vaccination. Find out more >
You can read our Covid-19 guidance for the autumn term here >
Life on campus
Just a few reminders about general life on campus, as well as a few updates for this year:
- All of our eateries on campus are now open! You can also now pre-order your food using the 12 Pay app.
- Please make sure you have your campus card on you at all times to enable you to access all buildings. Don’t forget, you need to update your card at one of the readers by a main entrance on a regular basis.
- Solent Futures are now based in the library. Visit them for careers support and job hunting.
- We'd like to share some work we've been doing on standing up to sexual violence and harassment. Read here >
Make sure you check out the news page on the portal regularly for important updates that you will need to know. Also, look out for our new monthly student newsletter, starting next week!
Help and support
Our teams are all on campus and ready to help you with your queries. Come along to the Student Hub in RM050 to ask any questions.
You can also contact our support services as below:
- Student Hub: email@example.com / 023 8201 5200
- Funding team: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Therapy and mental health team: email@example.com
You can find more about our student services on the portal >