Find out what events we have happening over the next few weeks
Welcome, new students! Whether you are coming to Southampton or studying from home, we hope you are excited about getting stuck into your first term at university.
If you haven’t already, we recommend signing into Solent Online Learning (SOL) and joining Get Ready for Solent, to find out how we can help make your first few months at university as successful as possible.
We’ve been working with the Solent Students’ Union (SU) to plan a full calendar of events (a mix of on campus and virtual) for you over the next few weeks and there’s something for everyone! Why not coming along to one of the following activities and meet new people?
- Mini golf in the park
- Virtual quizes
- Cinema nights
- Virtual taskmaster
- Badminton, table tennis and basketball
To find the full list of events that we are running over the next few weeks, please sign into SOL, join Get Ready for Solent and click on the ‘Welcome social events and news’ tab, or take a look at the SU’s website >
All events have been risk assessed and will be run in accordance with government guidance. Please note that all on-campus events must be booked to enable us to control numbers and ensure social distancing is adhered to.
- Library – Take a look at our library induction on SOL, or join the team’s live chat 9am-10pm Monday-Friday or 10am-5pm Saturday and Sunday.
- Learning Technologies – Make sure you read the LT teams’ induction on SOL and join in with one of their workshops if you need more support.
- Student Hub – The hub will be hosting video sessions covering topics such as funding and wellbeing from 22-29 September.
- Solent Futures – If you’re looking for part-time work, join the Solent Futures team for a chat on Tuesday 22 September, 12-12.40pm.
Help and support
Due to social distancing on campus, please note that the Student Hub and other support teams are not currently available for drop-in meetings.
However, you can still contact them via phone or email as below:
Student Hub: firstname.lastname@example.org / 023 8201 5200
Funding team: email@example.com
Therapy and mental health team: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find more about our student services on the portal.