Learning Technologies helpdesk
The Learning Technologies advisers are situated on floor 2 of the Solent Library. We support students and staff with digital skills and technology.
You can contact us via:
- Email: email@example.com (Preferred method)
- Virtual Helpdesk via Zoom on your laptop on learn.solent.ac.uk/helpdesk 10am-4pm Monday to Friday (you can speak with somebody on video/audio/chat)
- Floor 2 helpdesk (Solent Library, East Park Terrace) 10-4pm Monday to Friday
- Twitter: @SolentLThelp
- Answerphone service 023 8201 5100
We aim to respond within two working days when contacting via email, Twitter or answerphone.
For more detailed support, visit our comprehensive staff help and student help pages on SOL which will answer most common queries.
All students should complete both parts of the Learning Technologies induction at learn.solent.ac.uk/induction
This induction contains help and guidance for Solent systems and services available during your time at Solent.
What our service offers
The Learning Technologies advisers can help you with:
Digital skills: guidance in using computers and technology; help with software such as Office and specialist software; and workshops.
Technology help: advise troubleshooting your mobile devices and laptops, and WiFi access while on campus.
Access: Troubleshooting account and system problems, and help and guidance for the virtual learning environment, SOL.
Laptops and equipment
We have a small number of Windows laptops and Macbooks to rent out daily or at a discounted weekly rate please contact us for information regarding availability at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Smaller equipment such as SD card readers, display adapters and laptop mice, for use within the library, can also be borrowed from the Learning Technologies Helpdesk.
Library loan laptops
Laptops for use within the Solent Library only can be borrowed from the self-service laptop lockers situated on the ground floor of the library. You will need your campus card to borrow a laptop.
The following general rules apply in the library computing areas, to help provide a pleasant working environment for everyone:
- Messy, smelly food should not be brought into any of the areas.
- Please keep drinks in bottles or covered cups.
- Please use headphones to listen to audio.
- Viewing of offensive websites is not permitted and can lead to disciplinary action.
- Please always carry your campus card as you may be asked to show it. You need to use your card to enter the library building.
Monday to Friday: 9am-7pm