Loans and funding
The student funding team offers a range of loans and funding to help support you through your studies.
If you would like to contact an adviser, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can arrange an appointment here. Alternatively, you can see a funding adviser in the Student Hub 10am-4pm Monday to Thursday, or 10am-1pm Friday.
We also have some funding factsheets to help:
Short-term emergency loans
Sometimes at the start of a new academic year, students may face a short-term emergency where they require a small loan to tide them over until their funds come through.
An emergency loan is repayable and interest-free. It may be given to assist with basic living costs, before you receive your maintenance loan or if you are experiencing a genuine unforeseen emergency, ie, delay of student funding.
Once you have received your maintenance loan we would recommend you apply to the support grant if you are in financial difficulty.
For full eligibility criteria please refer to the leaflet on emergency short-term loans.
How do I apply?
To apply for a short term loan, you must:
- complete the application form and email it to email@example.com along with the documents requested.
- include all the evidence as requested on the form.
- Loans are discretionary and not given on demand.
IMPORTANT - Failure to repay the loan can result in
- The debt being passed to a debt collection agency and
- a £50 late payment fee added to your student account and
- no further loans are given from the university and
- you will not be able to attend your graduation ceremony.
US federal loans
Student funding team leaflets
The student funding team have written various leaflets ranging from student funding, state benefits, suspending studies, to extra grants and bursaries for students. They have also provided leaflets written by Student Finance England.
Please use the links below to access the leaflets. You are welcome to print them out.