Skip to main content

Student Hub

Supporting you all the way through your time at university

There are lots of ways to get help. Whether you have a problem with your course, finances, personal life or mental health, Student Services are here to help. We will endeavour to answer your query and if we can’t, we will find the appropriate person or specialist team to do so. Please see below the teams that can support you through your time at Solent as a student.

The Student Hub is the first point of contact for any queries relating to your course or any personal matters which may be affecting your studies at the University, and can help with the following:

  • Questions about your course
  • Wellbeing
  • Student funding questions
  • To whom it may concern letters,
  • Council tax exemption certificates
  • Bank letters
  • Replacement campus cards
  • References
  • Advice on regulations, processes and policy.

Request a letter online

Drop us a line or pay us a visit. We are centrally located at the end of the main concourse in RM050 – when you come in the main entrance of the Michael Andrews building, walk straight ahead past reception and the Student Hub is directly in front of you.

Contact details
Telephone: 023 8201 5200
Twitter: @Solent_Hub

Health and wellbeing support

We expect that your time at university will be successful and enjoyable, however, there may be times when you may need some extra support, or when things do not go quite to plan. 

Our friendly and experienced student advisers are on hand to talk to you in confidence about any issue that you may feel you need support with; you may be feeling homesick, have a relationship or family problem, or find that you have a personal or health issue which is impacting on your university experience.

No problem is too big or too small; we offer practical support, as well as access to self-help materials, and referrals to our specialist advice and support services.

You do not need to book an appointment, our advisers run daily drop-ins every day from the Student Hub – please just ask to speak with somebody in confidence. 

If you would prefer to book an appointment time, please email

Find out more on our wellbeing pages

Student Funding team

The Student Funding team aims to help students with all matters relating to their student funding ranging from:

  • Student funding entitlement, and application processes
  • Help with more complex funding matters e.g. if you leave/change or suspend your course.
  • Assistance if your funding is delayed.
  • Liaising with Student Finance England.

The Student Funding team also administers the following non-repayable funds.

The Funding team run daily drop-ins in the Student Hub - if you would like to speak with an adviser, please go to the Student Hub or email 

Find out more on the funding pages

Learning support

Access Solent provides information, advice and guidance for disabled students throughout the student lifecycle. Support may include:

  • Information and advice to prospective and current disabled students and to staff who are supporting students
  • Advice with accessing Disabled Students Allowance and other financial support
  • Screening and assessment for some conditions
  • Support in setting up specialist provision and exam arrangements
  • Access to assistive technology and guidance with specialist software
  • Short term loans of equipment

Please tell us about any disability (dyslexia; dyspraxia; medical conditions; physical or sensory impairments; mental health conditions and autistic spectrum declarations e.g. Asperger’s) even if you do not think it will affect your studies or experience with us.  In order to get your support in place, you will need appropriate medical evidence.  For more information on the required proof please take a look at the eligibility criteria on

If you have any enquiries or would like to discuss your support, please get in touch:

Telephone: 023 8201 5200,
Visit: The Student Hub, RM050. 

Our advisers run daily drop-in sessions, and we also have appointments available which you can book in advance.

Find out more on our Access Solent pages

Admissions policy

The University is committed to equal opportunities and all offers are made based on an applicant’s academic profile. However, there may be occasions when reasonable adjustments cannot be made to meet an applicant’s learning requirements and an offer will need to be withdrawn.   

Therapy and Mental Health

We hope you enjoy your time at Solent University and would like you to know that the Therapy and Mental Health Team is available to help if you are experiencing difficulties during your time here. 

We offer a variety of support, including Talking Therapy (Counselling and CBT), Hypnotherapy and Mental Health Advice.

For more information on these services visit the Student Hub (RM050) or email

Find out more on our Therapy and Mental Health pages

Advice for international students

The University has an international support team who can assist you with a wide variety of questions during your studies: from how many hours you can work in term-time, to police registration, to the requirements you will need to meet if you plan to switch into another category.

We are also experts at giving you realistic advice about extending your Tier 4 visa, and to assist you with the process where appropriate. 

If you have any queries, visit the Student Hub in RM050 - we run a daily drop-in service, or you can email

Find out more on our international student support pages.

Religion and spirituality

Read more about religion and spirituality at Solent on our website:

Spirituality and reflection

Student achievement team

The student achievement team are here to help you succeed during your studies at Solent. We aim to contact you at key times during your time here with personalised information, advice, and guidance by email or phone.

You can expect emails from throughout your studies.

Student Services feedback

Let us know what you think of our service by emailing

    Opening times

    Monday - Thursday
    8.30am - 5pm
    8.30am - 4.30pm