Skip to main content

Student fees

The cost of going to university can be a big worry, but there's plenty of financial support on offer from the government and other sources, to help ensure that financial circumstances aren't a barrier to gaining a higher education qualification.

If you are from the UK or EU and want to study full-time for an undergraduate degree, the government pays the University on your behalf, in the form of a tuition fee loan, which you repay later through the tax system when you have a job earning more than £16,365 per year for pre-2012 entry students and £21,000 for post-2012 entrants.

Those who wish to study an HNC/HND/degree on a part-time basis may be able to apply for help from the government. There are also other sources of help for part-time study, and you will find that based on hourly rates. Our course fees are considerably lower than many of the short courses and seminars offered by specialist training companies.  

Further information

If you're looking for funding advice, please contact the Student Hub (RM050).

Missed or late payments

Having trouble paying?

If you are having trouble paying your tuition fees, please contact the income team to discuss your eligibility for a payment plan in the first instance:  

Income office
Finance Service - A101

For information on missed and late payments please refer to the student debtor policy:
Student debtor policy

Any non-students, please refer to the company/organisation debtor policy:
Company/organisation debtor policy


Please note

Students with debt will not be eligible to attend graduation and the debt must be cleared before access to the booking system is granted.

Payments can be made here.

Please contact if you have any queries.


    Opening times

    Opening hours:
    Monday - Friday: 10am - 4pm